Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm bringing the chevron back!

It is a classic, and if you look in your closet you have one, or several. Likely in pale yellow and green, maybe a little white in there. More often than not it has been crocheted by a lovely elderly member of your family or a close family friend. And 90 times out of 100 if you are a modern mommy no matter how good your heart is (and we know you have a good heart), you have never used it! There is no judgement here, I have several in that corner of the closet as well! No worries all my friends who are expecting, and there are quite a few of you, I'm giving the chevron a makeover thanks to The Purl Bee pattern that I found. Here is my first attempt!



Do you love it as much as I do? There were a lot of firsts in this for me. The first time using circular needles, two new stitches (techniques) to learn ***Thanks Kelly for the lessons!***, and my first time using a wool blend. It took a while to get the hang of the pattern but after a while it was easy and knit up very quickly. I love how heavy it is and how soft it feels. I also love that it's the perfect size for those babies I know who will end up coming this winter and need a little extra something in their carseat.

So yeah or neah, what are you thinking of the chevron makeover?

No comments: