Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fake out


The cupcakes are real, the picture was taken by me, but the truth is that they are not completely homemade carrot cupcakes. I used a box mix (insert your screams of shock and horror here), and then made them fancy by adding coconut, crushed pineapple and golden raisins.

The cream cheese frosting is not from a box, but a can like container, I did pipe it on there in a pretty swirl and I do get credit for more coconut right? There's nothing wrong with taking something Betty Crocker spent years perfecting and adding a little of your own touches. She would be okay with that, I'm sure of it., Duncan Heines, not so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I keep coming back to stare at the yummy goodness... it's becoming bad for my work days