Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Monday, January 24, 2011

Cousin quilts and a few firsts


This is the first of two quilts that I will be shipping off to Chrisman, IL. My lovely "American Sister" Katie has two little babes arriving in her family very soon. One is a boy, and the other a surprise and so she comissioned two of the name quilts that I recently made for Naomi's birthday.


This project is going to provide a few firsts for me. This is the first time I've ordered and worked with Japanesse fabric. It is worth every penny, and since Katie is a teacher she loved the letters on this set.

The other quilt, while following the same pattern will be a first for me because it will be the first time that I will be working with only solids. Yep, hard to believe, but I have never done a quilt with all solids, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what it turns out like.

More to come!

No comments: