Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Thursday, December 18, 2008

Present to Myself

So after all the bills are paid, and all the presents are finally bought, this year I'm going to try and give a present to myself.

I'm not sure how well this picture turned out, but on my lovely tree I hung my most treasured present (next to William, but he's a little big to be hanging on the tree!). This is my grams' engagement ring. When I graduated from my second program at Niagara College my grams gifted this to me. In classic grams fashion I remember we were in the barn (looking for kittens!) and she pulled it out of her pocket. She told me that she wanted me to have it because my papa and I were so close. This I believe was the second ring that he gave her because the first was either didn't have a diamond or it wasn't big enough!

So the present to myself part of this all is that when the bills are paid I'm going to find the money to have it redone in white gold to match my engagement ring and band. I should have taken a picture of the back of it, all that keeps it together is a thin little strip, I guess 50+ years of wearing it will take it's toll. I can't wait to get it done and start wearing it all the time, it's been a long time coming, since I've had it for 8 years now, but it's time.

No comments: