Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No Replacement for Good Friends

There's something extremely comforting about good friends. Those kind that have known you for so long that there's no pretense on how you should act, what you should say, and most importantly what you should wear! Something great about someone who has known you so long that they have seen the good, the bad, and the horrible perm you had when you were 13 . . . and they still like you (although will remind you of the perm every chance they get.)

I had the chance this past weekend to do a girls weekend with 3 of my long standing friends. We did miss you Dole (we're usually a 5-some!). We headed to Port Stanley to celebrate that fact that we had all made it to 30 in relatively good shape. We shopped, we ate, some of us drank a little. We talked, we remembered and of course with no kiddies we slept in, ahhh.
If any of the girls read this, not that I need to validate my friendship with any of you, but I am sincerely glad to have you in my life. No matter what is going on, how tough things get, you provide me with a place to fall (sometimes softer than others) and a good laugh.

I couldn't resist taking this picture, it just shows how old we've become! A good weekend always includes beer and breastmilk!

(For those of you already to send me an e-mail the breastmilk pictured here in no way contains the beer pictured next to it!)

No comments: