Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Monday, July 4, 2011

Fullfilling a bit of a dream . . .

So I haven't been around much, and there certainly hasn't been much sewing going on, a little knitting here and there though. What's going on . . . oh so much.

There are some family issues swirling around at the moment as my parents are seperating after 35 years of marriage (if they had of done this 20 years ago I could have been out of therapy by now). I'm negoiating the situation the best way I know how, and right now that way is distraction (hense the knitting!).

There is another change going on right now as well. Not many people know but I am training to become a labour doula.


Out of left field? Not really. Since the birth of my boys I've become more and more interested in birth and the choices and options that go along with it. One of mine was drastically different from the other, and not at all what I had planned but it makes me more experienced in the end.

So for now the blog will be following this journey. There are some amazing things already that I would love to share, things I had no idea about. I hope you'll stay along for the ride.

2 comments:

erika~ the inspired mama said...

aw, sorry to hear about your folks! (((hugs)))

i have been a birth and postpartum doula for a little more than 8 years :) of course these days i am not quite as available to attend births as i once was but i still assist 3 or 4 families a year. i just helped welcome a sweet baby girl last weekend and am taking dinner to the new family this evening ♥ best of luck on your new adventure!

xo,
erika

Carol said...

Sorry to hear about your parents. Good luck with the birthing adventure/training.