Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Neglected

That's what this blog is. Now that babe is a lot more interactive he has been keeping me busy. I have also for the first time in the 6 years we have lived in this city feel like I have found a community to belong to. I have made some amazing friends over the last months and baby and I attend a drop-in program at big brother's school twice a week.

There is one thing that has not been neglected and that is my addiction to Starbucks. We are there a couple times a week at least. Don't tell my hubby, but then again I don't drink, smoke or gamble, so this is my only real vice! Is it telling how much I am in there when this is handed to me today?



It will be hard to hide this from the hubby. My only vice though remember! Okay and fabric, which has also been neglected in my life these days and I'm completely missing the creative side I use to have. I will be sewing something very soon for a little friend once the fabric arrives, it will be basic but I can't wait to get back on the machine and post something about it as well.

I've also been writing a lot more these days, short stories with thoughts of a book, but then again that is a dream that I'm not sure I will ever achieve. So for now they are stories, and that is the way they will stay, but the process gives me a break from reality and really a chance to use my brain before I head back to work in April.

No comments: