Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you run this machine again?



That was the exact thought as I sat down to my sewing machine this morning after dropping William off at pre-school. How does this work? What do I want to make? Where do I start?

Where I did start was by promply going to Walmart to buy an extension cord! Now that I'm confined to the basement there are no outlets close enough to where I have been placed (which is in the corner, behind my hubby's bike trainer, and a little across from the home gym). Okay I know I can't complain, I can actually leave the machine out, on a real table, not in a closet, it's what I always wanted right?

So here are some more shots of the fruits of my labour this morning.


I bought this Authentic canvas before we moved, and it has been hiding, unopened under the seat of my car since the day it arrived in the mail. I was more than thrilled to be able to take it out today, touch it (it's really soft for canvas, I think that I was expecting more a burlap feel), and of course create these pillows for our living rooms. This long one is going to be my belly's best friend for the next 4 months!


Ahh back to sewing, it's nice. I hope that there are still a few of you out there following, and that you had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to all the hope this new year holds.

1 comment:

shelia said...

love that fabric and your cute pillows!!!