Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to participate in this, but I wanted too so badly. Not only did I not think that the quilt I wanted to profile would be done, but we also had a family member having some surgery investigation and wanted to see how that went. All-in-all everything turned out fine. I also got to finish the biniding on this while in the waiting room at the hospital.

So here is it, my first 'big' quilt. 37x47, which is big for me considering I have never done anything over about 25 inches.



















Shortly after becoming obsessed with fabric and quilting a few months back (yes it's only been a few months), I signed up for one of the Fat Quarter Clubs at the Fat Quarter Shop. This was my first package! I got it in the mail and looked at it for a week or so wonder how the heck I was going to use it. When I saw this pattern it seemed like an Oprah "ahh haa" moment. It was a great way to showcase the bold prints without cutting to much of them into too many small pieces.

All in all when I finished it on Friday I was both excited and sad. Excited because I had something to prove that I could do this, sad because I wasn't sure where in the end it would end up and if someone would love it as much as I had loved working on it. At the moment it's home with me, I'll let you know where it goes after that!

I hope you read some other of the blogger posts on their quilts, Amy has done an amazing job organizing this all!

15 comments:

Amy Sp said...

I LOVE the way the whole quilt is one large wonky log cabin look! I hadn't seen/thought of that before, but it looks great! And that's big for me too, LOL.

Jocelyn said...

Cute quilt. Love the fabric. Thanks for sharing your story behind it.

Anonymous said...

Neat idea! Thanks for sharing it's a very pretty quilt!

Kerri said...

love this!!

Vicki said...

beautiful quilt.

Zonnah said...

Oh I love the color combination you picked. Very pretty!

Granny Lyn said...

you have a great eye for fabric!

I love this one!

dutchcomfort said...

Such a pretty first quilt!

Karlene said...

love your quilt and the colors in it...

Tracy said...

GORGEOUS quilt, Barbara! The colors and composition are wonderful. Terrific you finished in time..What a great achievement in a first, bit quilt. And that your family member is doing ok. Hope all is well. :o)

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Unknown said...

Great job! I love all those colors together :) Thanks for sharing.

stitchinpenny said...

Amazing. The quilt pattern is great with the colors. I love the color choices and the way you translated them into a pattern.

SewCalGal said...

You have a great style. I love your selection of fabrics. Cheerful & comforting colors! You did a great job.

Thank you for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jeannette said...

Taking me a long time to look through all the quilt submissions...quilts like yours make it worth the effort!