Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What to Make Next?

So I got my first inquiry about a quilt today! So exciting that someone thinks that the first was nice enough they'd like to have their own, (well or to give to someone else!). I'm not sure in the end where it will go, but it was a great way to start the day.

Several weeks ago I picked up Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones book. I was thrilled to get it, and then completely overwhelmed with all that I didn't know about sewing. What is fusiable fleece? Or interfacing? Ugh, there's an entire world out there. So I sadly put it away.

I ordered some of the things it suggested in the book, and they came last night, so out again came the book. Once again a little despression look at all the instructions. Is there anything in here I think tht I can make? A bib! Yes I'm going to try a bib. Small, difficulty level #2 (I'm not sure there are any #1s in the book!). I will post how the adventure goes, and maybe the finished product, maybe not, we'll see how it all turns out.

No comments: