Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Toy Society

Okay so I love reading other people's blogs and see who is doing what out there. No wonder there is an ever growing list of ones I visit on the side of this site. While surfing this morning I found someone who is part of The Toy Society. I couldn't help but think what a great idea.


William is never without Bear, and I mean never. Although Bear is definately not handmade, I think often about the security that represents for William and would love to have a hand in making something that someone else might find a friend in.

Also in this age where often children don't see a lot of just random acts of kindness I think that it would be nice to pass that along, and have William help me along the way.

Can you even imagine just wandering somewhere and finding a toy that has "Take Me" on it? I think that it would be so exciting, and a little odd too but exciting first most. Since we are off on vacation next week I'm hoping to make a little stuffed something to take with me and leave at the airport! It will be pretty primitative since I can't follow a pattern to save my life, but it will be something right . . . . (insert good vibes here, "yes you should do this!")

So check back in a couple days, see what I've come up with! And visit the site yourself, see if there' is a handmade toy in your future waiting for a place to be dropped off and discovered.

No comments: