Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to Reading

I need to get back to reading. I am part of a little book club, but we've been failing the past several months at meeting or reading so I've got to either get everyone back on track, or at least get myself back on track. I figure next week's vacation will be a good start so I picked up a couple books last week at Coles. I got last year's Giller Prize Winner, Late Nights on Air by Elizabeth Hay. I also picked up Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I started this one first, but I was missing something. Every good book needs a good bookmark.

I had found this great Amy Butler cardstock during my last visit to Michaels. It was in the clearence section, a little pad of 5x7 textured sheets. I picked it up not having any idea what I would use it for. Here is my use. A little cutting, some dollar store craft magnets and voila, bookmark! It stays in place, I never loose my page, and I can just attach it to another page while I read on. No more bent corners for my books.

So what are you reading right now? Any suggestions? Any favourites? I'm always on the look out for a great read.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

i am reading the twilight series, done the first two books, waiting until i can buy the third. very good!!

Tracy said...

Reading...I love reading, always have! This year I'm revisiting some of the classics of literature and posting about it. I'm just finishing rediscovering Thomas Hardy's "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" and will be posting about at my place by the weekend. Stop by if you can...and then see what my classic selection for March will be. :o) Love your bookmark...Happy Reading ((HUGS))