Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hot-Mess Applique!


Call it "organic" or "whimiscal" but I am calling my applique technique "hot-mess" oh yes. I'm not good at it, I will never be a free motion quilter, lines are for me. Using anything other than my regular foot or a walking foot is a place I don't go. But as more and more friends request these "name" quilts, I've been forced into the unknown. After trying and trying to make it perfect, I went hog wild and that's the way I'm doing it from now on. It is now my signature style!


I don't know Baby Wynn and I've never been to Chrisman, Il. But apparently this quilt will match the colours in her nursery. It was my first time doing all solids, and I really like the way it turned out. Hubby even liked it so much he asked for one, and took notice, which is nice. I hope that her parents and the auntie who is giving it as a gift like it as much as I do.


On another note with Big Boy home with flaming ears and a chest the sounds like an 90 year-old man we've been trying to make the indoors fun again. Apparently 'angry bird' needed a nest and so he's now at home under the table with my lovely pillows which I'm sure are collecting play-doh on them in places I will never fully get out!

No comments: