Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birth Day - On Camera

So tomorrow I'm capturing the birth of twins for my old college roommate. We've been talking about it for a while and I offered, she was thrilled the more and more she thought about it. I like to get as many different experiences in photography as I can and well who knows, maybe there's a neich market out there that's yep to be tapped. Don't get me wrong, there will be no one photographing any future births for us, but for some I think that it's a really amazing way to capture a really amazing moment.

I'm nervous to say the least. I've checked out a lot of sites and there are some amazing pictures out there that capture everything I hope to for this couple. Now if I can just execute it all, if all else fails, I'll just take hundreds and hundreds and some are bound to be beautiful moments.

So I'm packing up, Ange is being induced tomorrow morning. I'm dropping William off with my dad and then heading to Stratford to the hospital. I feel like I'm packing for a birth myself. Books, Gracie's quilt to bind, snacks, change of clothes, water, more snacks, and of course the camera and tripod.

Since she and her husband don't know what they are having, or what combination of babies may arrive I spent my lunch hour working on onesies above to cover each possible scenario. Off to bed . . . .

1 comment:

Ariel said...

best of luck! You'll be great!