Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ummm . . . teavana

This post is not about sewing, or quilting, or even knitting. It is not about my husband, or William, or anything but tea! Yes tea. I have a little bit of a Starbucks addiction that I'm trying to kick, a few mornings a week, a tall, no water, extra hot, Tazo Chai Latte. I need to stop. It's not great for the pocketbook and not great for the waistline.

I've started a running program with my good friend Holly, and so some lifestyle changes are in order. This is where I introduce you to my new obsession . . . teavana, and their handly little perfect tea maker.







As I sip my Japaneese Wild Cherry Green Tea, I wish that you could all be hear to smell it, just the smell alone is almost enough to be indulgent. Who knows, the more I order the more I'll rave, I think that Teavana should be my first sponsor don't you? They could send me tea, and I could use it to stay awake and quilt more. Seems like a match made in heaven right.

So the question today, there should be one . . . do you drink tea? What is your favourite? Where do you get it from? I'd love to hear. The more I read about how great it is for you, the more I want to keep on drinking.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm not a hot tea drinker, but I do like flavored ice teas. I'll have to try this one. About your running program...good luck. I'm trying to do 10000 steps a day and it's about to kill me. Thanks for the info on the tea.

Jocelyn said...

Oooo yes I love tea. My favorite is Mango! But I need decaf. The green tea you mentioned sounds so yummy. We have a Teavana in the mall, so I may check out that flavor.

Tracy said...

LOVE tea...been drinking tea since my early teas when I fell in love with all things English--like afternoon tea. :o) I really love all types of tea, choosing one to to suit a moment or mood. I especially love jasmine tea--hot or cold. Most any black tea is wonderful too. Fruit tea I often reserve mostly for the summer as iced tea. Stash Tea has a great print and online catalog, as does The Republic of Tea. Since I am living overseas now, I often order from the Whittard of Chelsea site. Good luck with your running... and tea discovery--here's to your health! :o)

randi--i have to say said...

I go back and forth between tea and coffee. These days it is coffee, but I am getting bored of it so I am sure i will switch soon! :)

Randi

http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/