Being a mother, becoming a doula, knitting, charity and the life that happens in-between.



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My first quilt top . . .

I have offically finished my first quilt top. Although I did my best to try and actually follow a pattern, I failed miserably. I'm not sure where it all went wrong, but in the end I had to make the two rows on the side just to make it look like it more than just the cross-cut wrongly done squares.

On a good note I used part of a jelly roll of Flutterby by Tula Pink, and wanted to use on something I know would be apprecaited. Now where shall this little beauty end up, with Gracie of course! Who else! I can't wait to get it finished (not really sure how that will go, it will show what a beginner I am), get home and take some pictures of her on it, and with it.

On a life note, I have to work this Friday, not big news, but it means that I don't get my usual day of with William. I also have to work Sunday, which means my weekend time with him is also cut short. We had a great Friday together last week, after a trip to the library to return our Little Einstein video and get a new Franklin one we stopped at Bouncin' Buggies for a little playtime. What could be better than a huge ball pit and mom's camera? Nothing!

No comments: